Over one billion people live in chronic hunger... Every six seconds, a child dies of hunger...
By signing a new on-line petition to eradicate world hunger at http://www.1billionhungry.org/, you can actively lend your voice to a growing global movement, and send a powerful message to world leaders: that it is unacceptable that one billion people live in chronic hunger, and changing this reality should be our top priority.
We would greatly appreciate it if you could help to widely promote this cause. Here are some of the many ways that you can assist:
• Sign on to the Petition at http://www.1billionhungry.org/, and encourage your friends and families to do the same.
• If you use Twitter, click on the following link to Tweet the cause to your followers: http://twitter.com/home?status=Petition+to+end+hunger.+Sign+on+at+http:/...(pls+RT!)+
• On Facebook, place the following text as your status message for a day or two: "Petition to end hunger. Sign on at http://www.1billionhungry.org/"
• If you have a Blog, make a quick blog-post about the cause, inviting people to sign the petition.
• If you have a Web Site, please consider inserting a link to the petition at http://www.1billionhungry.org/.
• Follow the events as they unfold at the Hunger Summit, which will be held next week from 16-18 November: http://www.fao.org/wsfs/world-summit
Thank you in advance for your active participation in promoting this cause!
Dr. Anton Mangstl
Director, Knowledge Exchange and Capacity Building Division
Knowledge and Communication Department
FAO of the United Nations - Rome (Italy)