The German Parliament yesterday has decided a law about the "living will", "testamento biologico" in Italian. An "advanced directive" (living will) is now completely binding for doctor, hospitals and relatives. Background in German at.http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-zeitung/politik/130415/index.php. The initator of the law, the socialdemocrat law expert Stuenker said "Jeder Patient hat das Recht, seiner Krankheit den natürlichen Verlauf zu lassen", this means it is the right of a patient to let an illness go it's natural course, With the new law not only life prolonging medication but also total parenteral nutrition will be outruled if the living will of the patient did ask for this. If the patient himself is not conscious anymore the living will will have to be read and interpreted commonly by relatives and doctors. If they agree about the meaning it will be done as decreed by the patient, if not a court will decide. The law passed the Parliament with 317 against 233 votes. A vast majority of representatives from SPD, Greens, Liberals (FDP) and Die Linke supported the law. The votes against were mostly from Christian Democrats. All parties had given "freedom to vote" to their deputies.
Recent blog posts
- This Blog is not maintained anymore
- Democracy and Freedom
- Amo Berlin. Ma di essere degradato da "eataly" a "Kaisers" e "Biocompany" mi pesa!
- Good Science from Europe! Has it been financed by an FP7 project? :-)
- LÍtalia é un Paese Europeo a pieno titolo!
- Il Pd non vuole i matrimoni fra omosessuali?
- Obama's cultural revolution
- International Conference on Information and Knowledge Dynamics, Bangalore
- Niente gaffe, Brava Fornero
- Semantic Web and Ontologies in Agrifood
Africa American Values Americas Asia Asian Renaissance Berlin Biotechnology China China's rise ClimateChange Corporate Culture Deutschland Developing This World Energy Environment Europe Eviva the EU! Evolution Faith and Evidence Food FoodForAll! Globalization Human Nature Human Rights Internet Revolution Italy Kota Kinabalu Labor and Welfare Malaysia Nature and Nurture NearEastConflict Open Access/open Source Relations Restaurants Rome Science-Philosophy Science and Society The Italian Mess Thinking the Left Values and Ethics WorlDemography