The attached article from "The Spiegel" is interesting. If the facts and numbers are true (and the Spiegel should not dare to invent such stories), then we have another good piece how the link between science and human progress has been attacked by a certain cultural tendency of the left in the last decades. For many years now I was thinking that attacking nuclear power in the 70s was a sign post that the left had lost its historic link to rationalism and illuminism. The "Atom" had become the inpersonalization of the bad. But I was not aware that stories and numbers were invented and obscured regarding the real dangers of real incidents. Read the Spiegel Artikel which is based on an EU research project<br /><br /><a href="http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/0,1518,518895,00.html">Atomunfälle: Legenden vom bösen Atom - Wissenschaft - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten</a><br /><br /><p class="poweredbyperformancing">Powered by <a href="http://scribefire.com/">ScribeFire</a>.</p>
Recent blog posts
- This Blog is not maintained anymore
- Democracy and Freedom
- Amo Berlin. Ma di essere degradato da "eataly" a "Kaisers" e "Biocompany" mi pesa!
- Good Science from Europe! Has it been financed by an FP7 project? :-)
- LÍtalia é un Paese Europeo a pieno titolo!
- Il Pd non vuole i matrimoni fra omosessuali?
- Obama's cultural revolution
- International Conference on Information and Knowledge Dynamics, Bangalore
- Niente gaffe, Brava Fornero
- Semantic Web and Ontologies in Agrifood
Africa American Values Americas Asia Asian Renaissance Berlin Biotechnology China China's rise ClimateChange Corporate Culture Deutschland Developing This World Energy Environment Europe Eviva the EU! Evolution Faith and Evidence Food FoodForAll! Globalization Human Nature Human Rights Internet Revolution Italy Kota Kinabalu Labor and Welfare Malaysia Nature and Nurture NearEastConflict Open Access/open Source Relations Restaurants Rome Science-Philosophy Science and Society The Italian Mess Thinking the Left Values and Ethics WorlDemography