During the e-agriculture week at FAO Headquarter, I participated in a CGIAR workshop on "opening Access to Agricultural research. I think there is big confusion among various stakeholders about the linkings between research, technology deployment and Extension. It seems to me that there is a tendency to apply criteria, which have value for extension and technology deployment (relating to the end users i.e) also on research. I still think that research should be as much as possible independent from application szenario, but should resolve scientific problems. Mixing research, technology deployment and extension, will not lead to the improvement of the latter, but will surely deterior the former.
Recent blog posts
- This Blog is not maintained anymore
- Democracy and Freedom
- Amo Berlin. Ma di essere degradato da "eataly" a "Kaisers" e "Biocompany" mi pesa!
- Good Science from Europe! Has it been financed by an FP7 project? :-)
- LÍtalia é un Paese Europeo a pieno titolo!
- Il Pd non vuole i matrimoni fra omosessuali?
- Obama's cultural revolution
- International Conference on Information and Knowledge Dynamics, Bangalore
- Niente gaffe, Brava Fornero
- Semantic Web and Ontologies in Agrifood
Africa American Values Americas Asia Asian Renaissance Berlin Biotechnology China China's rise ClimateChange Corporate Culture Deutschland Developing This World Energy Environment Europe Eviva the EU! Evolution Faith and Evidence Food FoodForAll! Globalization Human Nature Human Rights Internet Revolution Italy Kota Kinabalu Labor and Welfare Malaysia Nature and Nurture NearEastConflict Open Access/open Source Relations Restaurants Rome Science-Philosophy Science and Society The Italian Mess Thinking the Left Values and Ethics WorlDemography