During the e-agriculture week at FAO Headquarter, I participated in a CGIAR workshop on "opening Access to Agricultural research. I think there is big confusion among various stakeholders about the linkings between research, technology deployment and Extension. It seems to me that there is a tendency to apply criteria, which have value for extension and technology deployment (relating to the end users i.e) also on research. I still think that research should be as much as possible independent from application szenario, but should resolve scientific problems. Mixing research, technology deployment and extension, will not lead to the improvement of the latter, but will surely deterior the former.
Recent blog posts
- ..wine food pairing experiments...
- Ridimensioning Facebook
- EOSC Stakeholder workshop in Brussels
- Johannes Keizer Appointed Guest Professor in Chengdu
- Establishment of Collaboration with GKAH ERI
- Presentation on GACS and Agrisemantics
- EFITA and eROSA stakeholder meeting
- Talk about the GACS at the EMBL Ontology meeting
- The FAIR principle in the Big Data World
- MTSR 2016 - Best Paper Award for Johannes Keizer and Fabrizio Celli
Africa American Values Americas Asia Asian Renaissance Berlin Biotechnology China China's rise ClimateChange Corporate Culture Deutschland Developing This World Energy Environment Europe Eviva the EU! Evolution Faith and Evidence Food FoodForAll! Globalization Human Nature Human Rights Internet Revolution Italy Kota Kinabalu Labor and Welfare Malaysia Nature and Nurture NearEastConflict Open Access/open Source Relations Restaurants Rome Science-Philosophy Science and Society The Italian Mess Thinking the Left Values and Ethics WorlDemography